baby

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Best Friends and Shark Reefs

Last week I was so blessed to spend the day with one of my best friends and her two daughters. I have known Kathleen since we were in second grade. Funny story actually... she was playing tetherball and hit that ball so hard that it flew off the rope and came flying my direction. The ball hit me in the stomach and I fell to the ground. (Still not sure how hard that ball hit me to make me fall to the ground as I have always been a bit dramatic!) When she came over to see if I was okay, I proceeded to ask her if she wanted to be my friend. We have been friends ever since with many, many more stories to tell! Anywho, she is now the proud mommy of two beautiful girls; Shyla and Katie. It was a very adventerous day, at least in the mind of two stay at home moms! We began by visiting my mom as Kathleen hadn't seen her in awhile because her family now lives in Colorado. Then we headed to Applebees for lunch! What a funny thing to e eating in public with two of us manning 3 children, two under two! Fun all the same. We then moved on for a quick ride to see new things on the strip and to the Shark Reef. Katie spent half of the excursion fast asleep in Isabella's stroller. Don't worry, we wouldn't have let her miss it since her and Shyla had been telling everyone along the way that they were going to see the sharks!

All three girls loved it! The touch pool was a big hit since there is water and lots of slimy things to touch! At one point I went to take a picture of Kathleen and her girls but almost couldn't because a huge shark was coming so close to the glass but didn't want to say anything until I got the shot... as you can see I was not lying!
We then went home and played for a bit and visited with her family. That was a blast!!

No comments: